The Bonus Of Feeling Like Crap Is That You Lose Weight

I've been sick. Friday my sis-in-law came over for some wine and brie, and I ended up spending almost as much time on the toilet as I did sitting with her and my husband.

Appetizing. I know.

Saturday I pretended to feel better (that's what I usually do), went to some graduations. Came home. Felt gurgling.

Sunday I was laid out cold all day. Bathroom, couch. Couch, bathroom. Bathroom. Sleep, sleep, sleep. A little World Cup, when tolerable. But mostly for background noise to know that I was still alive.

Misery.

Yeah, so on top of having my period, I've got some nasty food poisoning or stomach flu. Nice.

I don't puke, haven't for a couple decades. But wished desperately that I did. I was so nauseous and it wasn't leaving my body fast enough. Monday, better, but not much. Popsicles, a few bites of food here and there. Today I tried getting in to work for a little bit and was not successful. Brought stuff home to do, but still haven't gotten around to it. Using most of my energy just to hold down the fort, get kids to the movies, take the dog out. I feel better, but waves of ick hit me and then I'm like, and why are you up and around acting like you feel OK?

I hate feeling sick. I'm a hypochondriac, so I just like to be better, but also I hate that it ties me down. But, looking at the bright side, I think I lost a couple pounds. Better take a picture of the scale, 'cause I'm sure my appetite will come back raging like a beast and I'll put it back on.

I've been sucking down popsicles, fruit, and today a doughnut. Craving simple carbs, apparently. My mouth wants to eat, but my digestive system is sluggish. I did try some jambalaya, though (hot and spicy - yum). Soup would do me some real good, but I've got nobody but myself to make it and myself is tired.


No comments: