266a

Well. It is now official.

266

One more pound and I will hit the lowest I've weighed outside of this decade. I've been at 266 before. It is a milestone to get back here. Almost like starting over again. I've lost, gained, lost, gained, and lost again.

I don't feel as good as I did last time I lost it, probably because last time it was new.

But I remember the kind of "awe" I was in with my new body. Having been there and left there two times now, it isn't as much of a state of awe as it is me feeling like myself again.

I want that state of awe again. I want to lose another 20 pounds and be like, what-the-what!? all over again. I'm SO happy to be here, don't get me wrong. But here feels like the new normal. Here feels like another starting point. Here is where I wanted to be up until I got here and it is no longer a destination but another launching mechanism.

Here is half-way to goal. I've come back down the mountain and need to climb the next one. I bet it will be harder. My body is back at ground zero, thinking it has already fought the good fight and can ease into maintenance. So I guess I need to shock it again somehow to get past this rut.

 My progress has been slow, starting February at 268 and March at 266. But it's better than going the other way. I have to always remind myself of that. But I wanted to leave March under 260. I just don't think that is feasible with the way I lose weight (slow as honey).

Well anyway, I'm off for now. Too much to do.. Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Lori said...

I think I know what you mean. I'm losing the same weight again and it isn't quite as thrilling somehow. For me I think it is the frustration of having to do it again. Here's hoping this is the last time for both of us.
Lori

Bonita Gordita said...

Amen sista! Glad to be losing it rather than gaining, though.