Settling In

Happy Friday.

I've done OK this week. Kind of taking in the information my doctor gave me. Contemplating going to a nutritionist to get some feedback on a lower carb diet. I've done low carb before, but I know that things change, and it has been a while for me.

It's a little frustrating, figuring out how much protein, fat, and carbs I want to be taking in, and I'm guessing there will be some trial and error. I look back to my calorie-counting (where I still watched my carbs, but not too much), and seemed to take in around 200, give or take. Lately I've been aiming for 100 per day. But I don't want to overdo the fats, and end up gaining.

I feel pretty good right now. I've had to cut out caffeine  though, and I don't know why. It happens to me every now and then where I get sensitive to it, usually in spring. I switch to de/nocaf teas and coffee. I've been putting cream in it, which is an indulgence I don't usually partake in.

Low carbing makes some sense to me, but it's a huge pity that spaghetti, rice, breads... are all pretty inexpensive and flexible. I don't know that it is realistic for me to cut them out entirely from the menu. For me, for a while, maybe, but certainly not for the rest of the family.  I make spaghetti squash quite frequently, though, so that is not a great sacrifice.

Tonight the kids want pizza, so I'm going to make that. I just have to figure out a compromise for me to have some sort of pizza. Low carb can get boring when you're on a budget.

I did weigh myself - I've been doing it daily. It drives me a bit bonkers, but it also helps me to see my fluctuations, and to keep myself on track right now while I experiment.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Do you ever read Lyn over at Escape from Obesity? She has a lot of good recipes that she's made low carb. One is pizza that my husband and I both enjoy.
Lori

Bonita Gordita said...

Yup! I visit her site often. :)
I'll check out the pizza, mine wasn't so hot. Blech.