Oh How I Wanted A Nutella On Toast

Today has been a frustrating day. I was frustrated at the daily stress of managing a household, working, and simply struggling to get through the day. I'll spare all of the particulars, but bottom line was, at the end of the day, all I wanted was a Nutella on toast.

After running here, running there, disappointments and frustrations, I got the kids in bed and sat down to eat my pre-packaged, less-than-300-calorie meal. I counted up my leftover calories, and figure I have more than enough for a nice piece of wheat bread, toasted warm and slathered with the creamy, nutty, chocolately sweet goodness that is Nutella.

The more I wanted it, the more I became frustrated with myself. I wanted, needed and DESERVED to treat myself, didn't I? I could almost taste it.

I opened the fridge and thought a beer sounded dandy, too.

I admitted to myself that I was not hungry and I was totally in the midst of an emotionally-charged eating crisis. And I felt like punching myself in the face, disgusted.

I brushed my teeth.

I connected with God.

And I avoided a Nutella on Toast today.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Congrats on the will power.. You rock....

Bonita Gordita said...

Day by Day, Debbie...

:)