Processed Food Diet

Little rice cakes, lean Hot Pockets, breakfast shakes, 100-calorie popcorn...

And a Guinness beer. For the 2nd night in a row. If that's wrong, I just don't wanna be right. OK, maybe I do, but I'm having a hard time of it. Guinness gives me the most pack for the least punch, and I would like a beer every now and then. I'm worried, though, that even if I stay within my caloric intake, the beer is going to stagnate my weight loss. Has happened before.

I did take two (count 'em) two walks. And now I will go eat a salad to get my greens on.

I love that there's these low-calorie options out there, but I also feel like I'm eating the word "processed" with a capitol P. It might be what I need right now to keep things simple, and to stay on track. But my longer term goal would be to eat simpler (read: less-processed) foods, in moderation that still allows for a healthier way of being.

For the record: I did not buy the pre-packaged 100-calorie snacks. I bought the BIG bag and divided them up into the portions myself. I mean, come on now. Why am I going to pay all that just to have it in those little packages (if I don't have to)?


No comments: