Soda Drinkers

Excuse me while I rant a bit.

You know what ruffles my feathers? Is when I hear someone say, " I lost 40 pounds and, you know, I really haven't have to modify my diet very much yet. Basically, I just stopped drinking soda and the weight melted right off."

That's some crazy stuff. That's not a "weight issue" that's seriously an educational issue. If you're drinking so much sugared soda that your body packs on over 40-pounds of weight? I mean, more power to ya - it's a simple change that makes a BIG impact. I wish my problems were that easy. I can't even tell you the last time I drank a full-on, sugared soda. My mom had my pudgy butt sucking down the first sugar-free sodas that made your feet turn to flippers from the corrosive chemicals they contained. That's not even on my radar anymore. It's not an option.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. I know, I know. I'm not hating on you soda drinkers that are shown the light. OK, maybe a teeny bit.

- - -

On another note, I'm still in the semi-obsessive start-zone of getting my fitness back on track, so I'm finding myself on the scale more than I normally do. I will note that my Wii Fit (which I use, along with my shipping scale) weighed me in at 289.something. Which would mean I've lost 2 pounds (question mark, question mark, exclamation point). I'm aware that weight fluctuates throughout the day. But I'm pretty positive that I will make and pass that weight, so I'm trying not to worry about it (by "worry" I mean, lend myself to being concerned that come next weigh-in it will have all been a fluctuating lie and I will weigh 300 pounds again).

At any rate, Happy St. Patty's Day.

No comments: