Step In The Right Direction

I did OK last night.

Wha-Whaaat?! Raise the roof, raise the roof.

I stayed within my caloric limit last night. I'm not sure how. Convinced that the calculations are wrong... I'm not saying I ate the best foods, or that the 3 Guinness beers aren't going to congregate amongst my mid-section and hang out a little longer than another calorie-comparable food. But that's OK. I went for a long, long walk, which should counteract the nibbles I had with my last beer, and should have increased my metabolism for a while.

I actually thought more about what I put in my mouth, and that's a step in the right direction.

I don't know how some times in my life it seems to fit so good to be more thoughtful on my eating and fitness, and then other times I just flat out don't care.

I don't know, but, by the grace of God, I am grateful for the reprieve of being a slave to food. It is exhausting.

No comments: