272

There are times when I don't believe the scale. This would be one of them.

Holidays (Christmas, New Year's)... and I lost weight? Hmm, OK. Granted, I weighed myself before New Year's Day. That probably would have been a bad day to weigh in. But, I did weigh myself on Monday and it was down to 272. I weighed again to check.

Whatever. I'll be back on the scale again next Monday and who knows what it will say. I'm staying the course either way. I did over indulge on New Year's Eve. Actually I feel like I overindulged on alcohol and ate less, not the best combination. My habits have settled in a bit regarding eating, but I didn't think how that might affect anything I drank.

My plan was to get right back on track the next day, but I haven't done so well. My parents are in town and they like to take us out to eat. They did, at a buffet, and I didn't pay much attention to what went in my mouth, really.

But, on a good note: MY MOM SAID IT LOOKED LIKE I LOST WEIGHT

That's one of my goals, you know. But she really was looking at me, and really noticed. I was happy for that.

My next goal will be to drip below the '70 mark. I can't wait. I mean, I can, but my eye is really having the scale say '50-something. I haven't been there in the last 10 years. I haven't been there in 2000-anything.

I really want to get there. I want to know how it feels.

I hope to get there before March. That's my next mini-goal. It seems unbelievable, but it can be done.

On a fitness note, I still haven't been doing too much, but my body is craving it. I wish I could afford a treadmill. I know I would use it. I don't have much space, though, and money... well that's a joke. All of our Christmas money will be going to our vehicle that needs $1000+ dollars worth of work. So that's just great.

But yesterday I went for my normal 20-minute walk. I did intervals of running. Not far, about from one driveway to another. Little sprints. It was dark and snow was on the ground, but there were patches where it felt safe. I'm sure I looked like an idiot, but my body wanted to step it up. I could tell. I finished 5 minutes less than I normally would have. I felt great.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Focus on those victories, no matter how small they seem. Focus on the fact that you didn't overeat on NYE, not that you might have drunk too much. Think about how your body craves exercise and you're doing it, not that you might have looked goofy. (I'm sure you did not!)

I like that you are setting mini goals for yourself. That seems so much more attainable.
Lori

Bonita Gordita said...

Lori, you're sweet. But I looked SUPER goofy. I care, but I don't, you know? I had my dog as cover, so I pretended it was all his idea. :p I know I should worry less about how I look doing it and more on the fact that, well, I'm DOING it!!!