Oops I Drank Too Much And Ate Too Little

I haven't craved bread much since I cut it out, up until recently.

In fact, over the past week, I've been slacking. Things got busy, I wasn't paying as much attention, and I'd end up with a fridge full of milk, eggs and air, and I'd be at a loss for what to eat. Not good.

Taking care of yourself takes time. Eating any kind of "diet" takes time to think, to prepare.

Which is when I feel like I might slip.

I had a girl's night this past weekend. She made Chinese food. Not very low carb friendly. I had wine (my chosen carb), and ate a couple veggies she had sitting out. I took some sweet and sour chicken (even though I was pretty sure that there was sugar in the sauce, and it was the most sugar I've eaten in weeks). I skipped the dessert and ate a couple strawberries.

I drank a couple more glasses of wine.

By about 11pm, I felt sick as a dog. I'm pretty sure I didn't eat enough, and on top of that I drank more than I normally do. My body was revolting. Unaccustomed to the carbs and alcohol, I felt like I was going to puke in my own shoes. I cut the evening short with friends, and we headed home. I drank a glass of water and a glass of almond coconut milk. I felt horrid. I wanted to eat, but was too nauseous to do it. I took a bit of coconut oil. I went to bed.

I woke up feeling OK, but had some more water and coconut oil. I went back to sleep.

I woke up later feeling fine, but regretting the night before.

I was ill-prepared. I should have brought some sparkling water to mix with my wine, and some food to eat so I'd be sure to have something (I did bring pistachios, but that wasn't enough). I could have skipped the wine, too, but I didn't want to. I paid the price.

I don't feel too deprived. More, I get irritated at having to think, prepare, and am a little bored with what I'm eating (but some of that is laziness). I also get frustrated when my weight hangs and doesn't go down (or goes up) after days of doing good.

There's days where I don't want to pay attention, and maybe that's part of the reason I got as fat as I did. Laziness, and not paying attention. It's easier to eat what you want when you want, and not care about what's in it, how many calories/carbs, not weigh your food.

Choose your hard.

I see that all the time, in reference to sports, weight, and life.

Choose your hard.

It's easy to pile whatever I want into my mouth.
It's hard to be fat.
It's easier to fit in my clothes, having lost some weight.

It's hard to pay so much attention to what I eat.

It's hard to lose an maintain weight.
It's hard to be fat.

They are almost an equal hard, but the choice is clear.



No comments: