Challenge (Again) Day 1 - Insatiable Sugar Craving

Here's yesterday:

No soda/artificially sweetened drinks 
Nope.
No alcohol 
Nope.
At least 20-minutes of walking each day 
Forced, but I did 20 minutes.
Log all calories eaten 
Yuppers.
Water intake of 8 8-oz. glasses per day
Bang!

Not bad, until the very last second. Literally. I had eaten all my calories, and the ratios looked good.

11pm, I'm ready for bed and just before I brush my teeth... I walk into the kitchen, swipe the cheese off one of the pieces of pizza, grab a Russel Stover gas-maker (I know, "never" came along quicker than I thought), and a glass of water. It happened so quick, like a mini-binge.

Went over calories, and for a second's worth of mouth feel/taste. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Need to re-train my tongue again to not want the sugar. The sugar cravings lead to more eating because it's an insatiable desire. It seems to have been worse this past month and I don't know if it is because I allowed myself a few more things that I wouldn't have normally - or what. But I have to get rid of them.

Regardless, I'm still happy with myself. My biggest concern is the liquor, and I didn't have that, even though I was craving wine like crazy. Wine and chocolate, killing me softly.

When our family situation was super crazy - bad, unstable - I used to sit up at night and play a simple computer game (like bubble popper), drink wine, and eat chocolate. That's how I coped. Night after night. My sugar-craving body loved it. It's still something I crave. I don't think that the wine-drinking, game-playing came first, I think I crave carbs deeply after about 4pm, and it just gets worse as the night goes on. So, it's a real hard thing for me to try to rid.

But I'm not going to give up. I'm really not.

The scale (I weigh almost daily. I know I shouldn't probably, but if I didn't I might get myself in trouble) was down a teensy bit this morning. I know that can happen from having hairs shed off my head, but I need some encouragement, and I'll take it. Happy Tuesday.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I weigh every day too. I have to for the accountability.

Have you considered scheduling something to do about 4:30 every day or most days for a few weeks? Maybe that distraction will help break that mental cycle you're in right now.
Lori