Maintaining... Better Than Gaining

My last quick entry was regarding my (not-on-purpose) maintenance.

The next day (after weighing 251), I weighed 253.

Jease. I can't win with the scale.

I'm also trying not to get too caught up in it, but I also have to keep an eye on it. As I said in my comments, I've lost the same 30 pounds three times now over the past how many years. If I could have just maintained those thirty pounds, I would have lost 90, and would be at 180 right now.

If I maintain this loss for a year, and then lose another 30, I'll be at 220. If I can maintain this loss and lose another 30 after that... 190.

I must remember this. I don't need to go back! Even though my body would just love that.

Maybe "stalling out" at a weight is good anyway. Resetting your body at a new normal for a substantial amount of time. Who knows? This whole weight loss thing boggles my mind, but I do know that my new normal was 290 for a while. I never went back up to 238 again, but I would go back to 290. If I never go back to 290, I'll be happy as heck.

Not saying I don't want to lose. I do, I do, I do. SO bad. But even more than losing, I do not want to gain.

--------------------------

I' not sure if I'll have any cocktails this weekend or not. I know I talked about going cocktail-less through the weekend. We'll see. I've had a good week, though, and I feel good about it. Not a whole lot going on this weekend anyway. We're still trying to figure out what we want to do.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I know for me it is very hard not to have maintaining = failure. It isn't but it is oh so very frustrating.

I had a friend years ago that had lost a substantial amount of weight using WW. She definitely believed that the plateaus were new normals and necessary for the body to reset itself.
Lori