286 - Last Night I Had Popcorn For Dinner

I'm trying again.  I am.  Not hardcore, but hardcore-ish.

I'm trying to eat lower carb, higher fat, within a calorie range.

I've done pretty OK.  I've gone over my calories, though.  At one point I weighed in at 283.  I started the week on my period, too.  So I really don't feel like I've accomplished too much.

It's hard for me to decide what I am going to do - extreme low carb/high fat, or simply low carb.

I do think it is always good to do an "induction" where you do well for 2 weeks to kind of cut yourself away from those things that tempt you.

I didn't do a hardcore induction last week and I'm wondering if I should do that starting today - even if it's only for a week.

Last night I had popcorn for dinner.

Not exactly low carb.

But it was what I wanted.

What I really, truly want is to fit back into things again.  That's my goal.  Where my clothes felt good, my body felt smaller, and I felt better.  It's easier to eat what I want, and much funner.  But it's way easier to feel better in my own skin and not have back boobs to the extreme.

The hardest part for me is the fear of all this -- this cycle -- repeating itself again.

Lose, gain.

Lose, gain.


4 comments:

sara said...

Hey!! You are still under 300 and you're not stopping. Popcorn for dinner once in awhile is okay, but low carb is king. I've had almost 5 months of nonsense and I'm back at it...never stopping is key.

Bonita Gordita said...

Yes! You are exactly right.

Lori said...

Oh, that cycle is horrible!!!

Funny, how I hardly ever want popcorn until I start low carb. Then, I'm all 'popcorn is a whole grain'and how popping it in coconut oil is truly healthy. LOL!
Lori

Bonita Gordita said...

Lori, I do the same thing! I'm a popcorn lover at heart, but boy YES I start craving it. I probably allow myself it more than I should.