Weigh In: 287 (Week 3 and n/c)

It always frustrates me when someone is waiting for me when I come into work.  I usually try to get to work a half hour early just to get settled, get my tea -- just get ready for the day.  And sometimes there's a person just standing there.   Waiting.

What I want to do is point to the sign indicating the office's hours, walk past, and shut the door.  I'm not getting paid during that time.  That's MY time.  I need it.  I come early to have it.  The worst is my boss shares an office with me, and sometimes I get things thrown at me the second I walk in the door.  "When I get settled." I try to say - hint, hint.  It works some of the time.

I just know I need that time.  I know it about myself.  But I can't make the world understand this.  Anyway.  This was on my mind this morning.

MY WEIGH IN SUCKS!!!!!

Son of a biscuit, I can't believe it.  Literally on week 3 of tracking my food and that scale isn't budging at all.  It's really hard not to just give in and be this:



I knew it was coming because I weigh myself almost daily.  It's seriously nuts.  I KNOW I've been eating less than normal.  I know it.  I've been consciously moving more and eating less, and it's been going on three weeks and nothing has changed.  I just need to document that.  'Cause I actually go back and read this stuff sometimes.

I have no idea why the scale hasn't changed.

My eating has been lower carb.  This past week it's been under 100 carbs.  I literally can't drop my calories any more than I have.  To maintain my weight it tells me I need to eat under 2700 calories (I'm a big girl).  I don't think I've eaten 2700 calories in 3 weeks (maybe one day I did?).  I surely haven't this pas week, and I've been moving a lot more.

And nada.

Not to mention I'm starving.  That's frustrating, but I'm literally starving many of the days.

Here's the interesting part - I feel better.  Maybe it's cutting out the sugars, breads, wheats?  Maybe it's other things?  But I feel better, my attitude has been better.  I have no idea what it is, but I like that.

But, I really need to lose weight.  I really need to have my clothes feel better.  I've been focusing so much on this tracking/eating thing, it's SO frustrating to have the needle stay the same.  I could be not focusing on it, eating what I want, and have the needle stay the same.  I mean, that's what I've been doing for the last how long?!

I'm not giving up, but I can't lie and say that it's not disheartening.  How can I plateau right now?

2 comments:

Lori said...

Oh girl, I have been in that same place so many times. I know the frustration well. How about only counting carbs and forgetting the rest of the calories? Just keep the carbs low and add in lots of fresh veggies and lean protein. It could be that your body thinks it is starving and holding on to every ounce.
Lori

Bonita Gordita said...

That's the life, isn't it?!