Weigh In: 267 Halfway To Goal!

Well, the scale budged. Unexpectedly. Sort of not really.

I did weigh in at 267 last week, but felt like it wasn't decisive. So I didn't report it. I figure if it's there, it will happen for sure in time. Well it did today, hovering almost to 266. But that will come in time - if it's there.

Last week was pretty good, except for the horrifying events at the gym (just being at the gym is horrifying). I really don't like to work out. I like to play - volleyball, soccer, hiking - but I don't like to get on the treadmill or any other machine like that. I really don't. I mean I feel better after doing it, proud of myself, accomplished, yadda yadda. But I hate every second of it.

I have to force myself not to look at the time, calories, distance, willing them to move more quickly. It's about the only time in life where I want time to speed up, rather than slow down.

Mercy.

I'm building up to 3.1 so I can get in my first 5k. Gosh, that sounds like something that would not come out of my mouth. But, I need goals, and unless I have one I feel like a hamster on a wheel, and it drives me crazy. If I'm walking outside, I need to know my start and end route, or I'm feeling lost as well. So it just makes sense.

So far I've just shifted my 20 minute walks to 40 minutes at 3.0 mph. I also throw in a nice incline with that to get my heart rate up and burn more calories.  It is weird, but I find it easier to work hard than go fast long. I'm more of a sprinter than a long-distance runner. A pack mule that can carry heavy loads slowly, than a race horse.

This is exciting to me.

70 gone, 70 more to go to 198

I'm half way to goal! It is weird to see. In my head, my weight loss starts at about 298, because I've been there for so long. I haven't been 338 for years. But the good thing is I haven't seen that weight, and my body isn't fighting to get back there right now.

298, though, has been my normal, and was a hard one to break. I've done it a couple times now, and I'm really hoping it will be my last. I think that I'm stalling out a bit here in the 260s because I hung out there for quite some time years ago, too. My body is really fighting against me getting below it. It doesn't know what is going on.

I notice my pants aren't as loose at 267 as they were a few years ago when I hit this weight. Kind of a bummer. A reality check in how I am aging, and how much harder it is now. I'm guessing in 10 years when I'm closing in on 50 it isn't going to get any easier, so I need to do what I can now.

It almost made me sick typing that out. Closing in on 50. Dear goodness.

Anyway, I can't think on that.

So this week, my plan is to hit the treadmill/workout 3 times again and drop at least one pound to get to 266 by next week. I was hoping to get out of March under 260, but I just don't know if it is possible. I'm still working on it, but exercise makes me hungry, so I do eat more. And I'm toning, which weighs more.

We shall see. I'm happy to see one more pound melt off. 

No comments: