Stress Is Not Good For The Eats

I haven't done THAT bad, really.

But, there is room for improvement.

My immediate manager was fired.  Sometimes that can be a good thing.  I won't know if it is good or bad, until I can look back on things, but it definitely creates a ripple in life.  We work very closely together to oversee a department, and though I'm not his "equal" I've always been treated as one; we were a team.

So, it's a bit scary.  The Unknown.  The Transition.  The Temporary Manager.  My interim manager is someone who transferred out of our department.  Many strengths,  and a disaster left behind.

Needless to say, it's been an interesting week.  I don't think I did stellar in the staying-on-track (with eating) department - BUT - I did stellar in the don't-quit-your-job department.  I'm hanging in there.  I'm trying to dig out whatever positives I can find (even if they aren't immediate).

I drank more beer than is permissible on a low carb diet (just one day, though), and I might pay for it on the scale tomorrow. However!  I had a highly active weekend, and a very enjoyable Mother's Day.

And I'm back at it (or was back at it) Monday.  A bit painful, but I managed to stay the course.  That's what it's all about, staying the course.

Stress can throw you off, though.  I'm definitely more tired.  I feel completely draggy, which I didn't feel last week.  I'd like that energy back, thankyouverymuch.


1 comment:

Lori said...

Stress can certainly throw you off in more ways than just overeating. It is important to our health in so many ways to find ways to relax and shed that stress.

Good for you for not quitting your job. When work is bad, it often seeps in to personal life. I hope you can keep the two apart and that work gets better soon.
Lori